Born January 16, 1869, Leopold Stickley founded the L. & J. G. Stickley company in 1904 with his brother John George. It was Leopold’s ingenuity that led to many of the patented, lasting construction techniques kept alive in Stickley furniture today. In 1956, he was proclaimed “Revered Dean of Cabinetmakers” for his contributions to the craft.
SPOTLIGHT ON THE CLASSICS
Part of our Mission reissue of 1989, the Wedding Mantel Clock is based on an original that was designed and built by longtime Stickley Design Director Bill DeBlaay as a wedding gift to his daughter. It’s a masterpiece of classic Stickley design and construction, featuring beautiful solid oak, exposed through-tenon joinery, and square spindles inspired by Prairie style.